Pages

Tuesday 8 September 2020

stand up new zeland

 Interesting facts 

new zealand was the first  to let women vote
soldiers invaded maori lands
the great strikes happened  

Vocabulary 

dispute - agree about something
increase - a rise in the size/amount
slogan  - a scottish highland war cry
riots - disturbance

summary

what happened? the main idea was that people were standing up for themselves. 
how? they did that by having a protest - Mr Minto had helmet to protect himself 
when? 1881, 1893, 1913, 1931, 1951, 1975, 1981, 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post