Pages

Wednesday 11 August 2021

yeast

Yeast:

yeast is a definition of fungus

yeast has been used for hundreds of years

yeast needs to be woken up from hibernation state 

yeast is all around us 

Equipment: 

1. spoons

2. kettle

3. bowl

4. beaker 

5. cloth sieve

6. funnel

7. plastic (PET) bottle and cap

Materials:

group of 3

50ml warm water

1/2 tsp sugar 

1/2 tsp ground ginger

3/4 cup of sugar

1/2 tsp cream of tartar 

1L cold water juice of 1/2 lemon 

1 tsp ginger beer bug 

Method:

1. in a large bowl, put the sugar and cream of tartar, than add warm water

2. stir to dissolve the sugar before adding the cold water 

3. add the ginger beer bug to the large bowl of cold water

4. stir well and then pour into your clean bottle

5. label your bottle with your groups names  

6. place all the bottles in the class container

7. store in a cool, dark place for one week before drinking 

8. make sure you open the bottle in the kitchen sink as it might overflow. open the cap bit by bit allow the air to escape  

the ginger beer must be drunk over the 6 days

you must provide your own bottle              

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post